Part 4 of the 4 part series covering essential steps in growing your bottom line
In this series I talk about essential steps to make more money, and to keep it! In this 5 part series we’re talking about Lifestyle, Business Development, Loss Prevention, Growth & Branding.
Growing your Brand
There a few key actions that you can take to grow your brand, and I’ll share them with you. I would like to first state, that the more niche your products and service are, the easier it will be to grow. If you stick to just one industry, for example debt consolidation, or equipment sales. Or any single product or service industries, it’s a little easier. Some professionals in my industry, “Business Development” will tell you to be good at 1 thing.
I take a different approach with this company, because it’s my passion business. On this site I’m endorsing several products and services that I resonate with, while also providing business development services. So I’ve spread myself a little thin here, but this site is for my friends and family to get the free help and direction they need. It’s not my only business though, I try to keep at least 5 irons in the fire.
So that said, if you can find your niche in a single product or service, you can grow that brand a lot quicker. Otherwise you’re creating yourself as the brand as I do here. You become more of an Influencer, than a single brand ambassador and that takes more time to build your network. Unless you’re a famous artist or athlete!
Keys to Brand Growth
- Optimize Niche keyword content – throughout your Business Platform, ie website, advertisements, store fronts, back office etc..
- Create Free Content – educational series, focussed on related niche subjects. Talk about problems and offer Free solutions. You need to offer some free content, a free blog, podcast, ebook or downloadable pdf.. Your free content should be a teaser, for other services that you offer.
- Create Paid Content – giving yourself more to sell besides just your services. If you’re an affiliate marketer, you create more blogs and more content with linked affiliate links. If you’re Dentist etc., you create more educational content that can be downloaded at a small price. (I’m always working on creating more content)
- More Paid Content – Ebooks, Podcasts, a series of solutions formed in a pdf are all good examples. This takes time, because you have to provide some good niche value to sell. What solutions can you give away, and what solutions can you charge for? Maybe you have tons of content that you haven’t used, like educational podcasts. You can charge a small fee for a membership to your podcast!
- Grow SERPs & Domain Authority – Ok once you have the above steps done, this last step in growing your search engine results & Domain Authority organically. That means coming up on the first page of google for Free. This is an ongoing task that will grow your brand and bottom line everyday. I will break down the many things that you can do in this step below.
Growing your SERPS & Domain Authority
There are millions of pages on the web, but none are more important than search engine results pages, or SERPs. Search engine results pages are web pages served to users when they search for something online using a search engine, such as Google. The user enters their search query (often using specific terms and phrases known as keywords), upon which the search engine presents them with a SERP.
SERPs typically contain two types of content – “organic” results and paid results. Organic results are listings of web pages that appear as a result of the search engine’s algorithm. Search engine optimization professionals, commonly known as SEOs, specialize in optimizing web content and websites to rank more highly in organic search results.
What is Domain Authority?
Domain Authority (DA) is a search engine ranking score developed by Moz that predicts how well a website will rank on search engine result pages (SERPs). A Domain Authority score ranges from one to 100, with higher scores corresponding to a greater ability to rank.
Domain Authority is calculated by evaluating multiple factors, including linking root domains and the number of total links, into a single DA score. This score can then be used when comparing websites or tracking the “ranking strength” of a website over time. Domain Authority is not a metric used by Google in determining search rankings and has no effect on the SERPs
What is a “good” Domain Authority?
Generally speaking, sites with a very large number of high-quality external links (such as Wikipedia or Google.com) are at the top end of the Domain Authority scale, whereas small businesses and websites with fewer inbound links may have a much lower DA score. Brand-new websites will always start with a Domain Authority score of one.
This is important because this is how your business starts to populate on the first page of the search engines. The search engine recognizes your domain as not only being real, but also having some recognized authority by other site’s backlinks.
Why did my Authority change?
Because Domain Authority (and, for that matter, Page Authority) is comprised of multiple metrics and calculations, pinpointing the exact cause of a change can be a challenge. If your score has gone up or down, there are many potential influencing factors including things like:
- Your link profile growth hasn’t yet been captured in our web index.
- The highest-authority sites experienced substantial link growth, skewing the scaling process.
- You earned links from places that don’t contribute to Google ranking.
- We crawled (and included in our index) more or fewer of your linking domains than we had previously.
- Your Domain Authority is on the lower end of the scoring spectrum and is thus more impacted by scaling fluctuation.
You can read more about how to interpret these (and other) fluctuations in Authority scores here.
In Summary – These are the summarized steps to take to grow your brand, and increase your bottom line
- Optimize Niche keyword content – throughout your Business Platform, ie website, advertisements, store fronts, back office etc.
- Create Free Content – educational series, focussed on related niche subjects. Talk about problems and offer Free solutions. You need to offer some free content, a free blog, podcast, ebook or downloadable pdf.. Your free content should be a teaser, for the other services that you offer.
- Create Paid Content – Ebooks, Podcasts, a series of solutions formed in a pdf are all good examples. What solutions can you give away, and what solutions can you charge for? Maybe you have tons of content that you haven’t used, like educational podcasts. You can charge a small fee for a membership to your podcast!
- Grow SERPs & Domain Authority – Create a list and target bloggers, Subject Matter Experts (SEMs) in related fields. Offer cross-promotions, and request the opportunity to write a post on their blog, or do an interview from their site. Their referral and “Backlink” to your site will increase your SERP and Domain Authority.